Customer Service Representative
- - Garrett Sales Office
- Garrett, IN, USA
- Part Time
Responsible for initiating, enhancing and maintaining customer relationships by providing Exceptional Service and Sensible Advice. CSRs generally have more than 2 years of experience as a Bank Teller and have demonstrated a high degree of initiative and mastery of bank products and systems. Able to probe for information regarding customer's needs and provide effective solutions. Work is typically performed at the Customer Service Desk.
Represent the Bank to the customer in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face and telephone communications. Prospect new customers and develop a "book of business." Develop and enhance customer relationships to identify cross selling and referral opportunities. Accountable for meeting deposit, sales, origination and referral goals. Expert knowledge of bank processes, products, services and resources as well as banking regulations including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA). Provide timely, efficient, and accurate service in processing transactions in accordance with all regulations, policies and procedures. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities in which we serve through involvement in local organizations and events.
• Originate new deposit accounts including checking, savings, ATM/Debit Cards, money market, CDs, IRAs and commercial accounts.
• Originate and provide advice on consumer loan products including personal loans, installment loans, home equity loans and lines of credit.
• Originate business deposit accounts, associated services and refer additional products and service to Treasury Management or Business Banker.
• Process basic life events including distribution of customers' estates to beneficiaries from any deposit account. Recommend referrals to trust department when appropriate.
• Perform account maintenance and process commercial account resolutions. Recommend and initiate product offerings to meet customer's changing needs. Encourage electronic banking and e-statement participation and educate customers on digital banking options such as mobile checking and on-line bill pay services.
• Provide credit coaching to consumer customers.
• Develop ongoing relationships with customers and provide guidance, education and recommendations regarding bank products and services such as business, commercial and mortgage lending as well as trust services.
• Participate in all office marketing and sales projects, which include personal contacts, telephone sales, direct mail and promotions.
• Support teller team in achieving branch goals through daily debriefs, contest engagement, referral coaching and processing teller transactions as needed.
• Examine and verify authenticity of financial instruments and present to the teller staff for processing. Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
• Address customer questions and concerns through investigation and corrective action.
• Conduct and document periodic risk reviews and run reports as needed.
• Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and instructions.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential.
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
• 2+ years of experience as a Bank Teller or the equivalent combination of banking, payment processing and professional sales experience in a service-oriented environment.
• Must successfully complete consumer lending training and consistently demonstrate the required level of mastery of the lending products and processes.
• Strong sales initiative and ability to develop ongoing customer relationships.
• Present a professional image and communicate effectively with the public, co-workers, management, customers and others in a courteous, positive and professional manner.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring sound judgment.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers.
• Must have proficient typing and computer skills.
• Effective Questioning • Prospecting and Referring
• Consultative Sales • Results Focused
• Overcoming Objections
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer and telephone. 90-100%
• Able to remain in upright stationary position at counter height of approximately 48" for long periods of time. 50-75%
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90- 100%
• Regularly move about the branch to access teller line, file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment, such as cash counters and printers.
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6'. <25%
This Job Description reflects management's assignment of duties and responsibilities
and is subject to change at any time.