Personal Trust Officer
- - Trust & Investment Management
- Lafayette, IN, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for managing fiduciary and investment-oriented client relationships in which the bank is acting as trustee, executor, administrator, conservator, guardian, depositor or agent, and developing new personal trust business by providing Exceptional Service and Sensible Advice.
Administer various trusts; provide expert financial advice in the areas of trust, investments, tax planning and private banking. Manage a portfolio of existing clientele, including relationships that are: "of high value" and "high visibility" for the corporation, in compliance with state and federal regulations, company policies and established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Work within a team to solicit, develop, service and retain client relationships.
The position title typically progresses from Trust Relationship Manager through Sr. Personal Trust Officer based on the advisor's education, certifications and experience with estate and generation planning, retirement planning, investment management, risk management, charitable planning, and risk management.
Accountable for the retention, development and growth of a portfolio of personal trust relationships for the assigned client base in one or more geographic regions. Operate in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements. Responsible for quality and timeliness of administration and documentation of trust account activity. Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
• Administer assigned trust accounts where the bank is acting as trustee, agent or custodian in a manner that ensures compliance with governing documents, legal requirements and business line policies and procedures.
• Deliver expert advice and counsel in the area of personal trust products and services.
• Provide a high level customer service to customers, attorneys, and beneficiaries relating to these accounts.
• Effectively perform and coordinate account administrative activity with assigned Portfolio Managers and other internal resources for assigned accounts.
• Provide customer service to grantors, beneficiaries, co-trustees and attorneys relating to these assigned accounts, giving expert advice and counsel in the area of personal trust products and services.
• Review client correspondence and process requests for information, schedule appointments, approve bills and expenses, process discretionary payment requests, review and coordinate investment cash flow needs with the investment officer.
• Analyze and assess legal documents including revocable and irrevocable trusts, wills, real estate, agency agreements, and custody agreements to determine effective administration and compliance with documented provisions.
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures related to all aspects of the position and keep abreast of new legal, regulatory, and tax developments.
• Call on portfolio of clients to retain and increase existing relationships and identify potential new business through in-person meetings, phone calls and e-mails. Profile existing customer base, and that of Service Administrators, for additional financial service needs in order to identify cross-selling opportunities through referrals to internal partners within and/or outside of wealth management services.
• Develop new business through referrals and centers of influence. Independently or in collaboration with other partners, create and/or coordinate specific sales proposals to generate new business. Build and expand referral source opportunities both internally and externally.
• Participate in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the region's marketplace. Establish referral contacts within the community.
• Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
• Conduct and document periodic risk reviews and run reports as needed
• Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and instructions.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential.
• Participate in ongoing product offering, skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Personal Trust Officer level requires 3-5 years' experience in Trust or Investment management and/or trustee experience working with a broad range of financial planning areas including advanced estate and generation planning, retirement planning, investment management, risk management, charitable planning, and risk management. An advanced degree such as MBA, JD, or professional designations of CTFA or CTFA may be accepted in lieu of experience.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or business or equivalent work experience is preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
• Knowledge of agency guidelines and industry standards as they relate to banking, investments and wealth management
• Strong listening and questioning skills
• Ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills along with possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Able to adjust approach based on each client's situation (review potential conflicts, show value of our products and develop trust from client).
• Demonstrated results in financial sales
• Exceptional organization, time management and follow-up skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, bank employees and outside service providers.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring sound judgement.
• Ability to perform complex mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers.
• Must have proficient typing and computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Active Listening • Risk Assessment
• Decision Making and Judgment • Analytical Thinking
• Customer Focus
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90-100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, printer and telephone 90-100%
• Able to remain stationary at a desk for long periods of time 75-100%
• Regularly move about the office to access file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6' <25%
• Travel to attend seminars, corporate and client meetings. Some overnight travel may be required. <10%
This Job Description reflects management's assignment of duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts