Commercial Construction Loan Administrator
- - Credit Administration
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for all aspects of the commercial construction loan process, including accurate, efficient and timely processing from receipt of the loan application to preparing the file for closing and disbursement of loan funds, in compliance with state and federal regulation and company policies and established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Work within a team to ensure loans progress through the pipeline efficiently and effectively.
Support sales and commercial lending department personnel as needed. Meet or exceed the stated Service Guarantee commitments. Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Accountable for adherence to compliance standards, quality of documentation, timeliness, accuracy and volume of loans closed. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
• Process commercial construction draws, review sworn statements and inspection reports obtain endorsements and lien waivers; disburse funds to title company or contractor as required under approved terms and conditions for each loan.
• Ensure construction draws are completed timely and accurately. Prepare disbursement checks and arrange wire transfers.
• Prepare and monitor Construction Loan Report on a monthly basis
• Process equipment and SBA draws – verify requirements for each draw request and track use of proceeds within applicable SBA authorization tolerances
• Order commercial appraisals and maintain tracking of due dates
• Coordinate evaluation orders with lender and Credit department staff
• Monitor Draw Request email In Box on a daily basis and review daily postings report
• Monitor and assist with clearing commercial documentation exceptions
• Handle routine customer requests such as transfers, draw requests, account balance inquiries, etc.
• Accurately and promptly prepare payoff letters, as well as release of mortgages or other collateral; review paid loans prior to releasing collateral
• Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
• Conduct and document periodic risk reviews and run reports as needed
• Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and instructions.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential.
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years' experience processing mortgage, consumer, commercial and/or small business loans. College degree in business, finance or related field of study preferred.
• Knowledge of agency guidelines and industry standards as they relate to mortgage, consumer, commercial and/or small business lending.
• Exceptional organization, time management and follow-up skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, bank employees and outside service providers.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring sound judgement.
• Ability to perform complex mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers.
• Must have proficient typing and computer skills, preferably with Microsoft Office products
• Attention to Detail • Conflict Management
• Time Management • Results Focused
• Regulatory Compliance • Relationship Building
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90-100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, printer and telephone 90-100%
• Able to remain stationary at a desk for long periods of time 75-100%
• Regularly move about the office to access file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6' <25%
This Job Description reflects management's assignment of duties and responsibilities
and is subject to change at any time
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts