- - Corporate Project Management
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
Provide expert analysis and support for corporate priority IT projects related to efficiency and process improvements. Responsible for work flow mapping on bank platforms, facilitation of communications with current and potential vendors, and focusing on bringing efficiencies to processes. Ensure all projects and outcomes are conducted in compliance with state and federal regulation and company policies and established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Accountable for supporting growth in Horizon's ability to mix Core, Platform, and Server based environments through integration, development of programs to achieve process improvements focused on cost reduction and improved efficiencies. Responsible for building the tooling required to successfully support new projects and/or convert CIF and Account data from an acquired institution into Horizon's Core system.
Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Accountable for adherence to compliance standards including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), quality of project implementation and meeting project financial and service goals. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through involvement in local organizations and events.
• Review, analyze, and evaluate current systems and user needs and develop programs to promote process improvement.
• Document necessary requirements, define scope and objectives, evaluate and recommend new technology or systems to compliment business strategies as appropriate. Act as a supporting role for system conversions, de-conversions, and the integration of bank acquisitions.
• Participate in Design and Development tasks throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Review, test and implement systems to improve existing processes and enhance new initiatives.
• Consolidate information from various systems and build reports as requested
• Ensure that efficiency initiatives have proper risk mitigation processes and procedures as well as integration with established Horizon processes.
• Assist in the preparation and consolidation of data for use in Reporting and Business Intelligence applications.
• Conduct and document periodic risk reviews and run reports as needed
• Development of User Documentation and Training Materials.
• Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and instructions.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential.
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• College degree in IT, business, finance or related field and 3 years' IT or Operations experience in financial services.
• Understanding of relational database and client-server concepts with demonstrated ability to evaluate systems capabilities and understand data and application interfaces
• Familiarity with Project Management concepts and/or Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• 2+ years of experience writing queries andor creating custom reports using SQL.
• Strong knowledge and proficiency using Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
• Exceptional organization, time management and follow-up skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, bank employees and outside service providers.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring sound judgment.
• Accountability • Development and Continual Learning
• Analytical Thinking • Effective Questioning
• Big Picture Thinking • Problem-Solving
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90-100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, printer and telephone 90-100%
• Able to remain stationary at a desk for long periods of time 75-100%
• Regularly move about the office to access file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6' <25%
• Travel to Horizon branches or to attend seminars and meetings. Some overnight travel may be required. <10%
This Job Description reflects management's assignment of duties and responsibilities
and is subject to change at any time.