Treasury Management Advisor
- - Troy LPO
- Troy, MI, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for municipal deposit and financing growth, implementing and servicing treasury management products and services such as cash management, merchant processing and electronic banking services for commercial and municipal clients within the specified geographic area to meet business development and customer retention goals.
Accountable for establishing and achieving sales objectives by identifying and converting commercial and municipal prospects, generating deposit base and fee income and selling treasury management services. Support customer service activities, business development initiatives, risk management and compliance requirements.
Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Accountable for adherence to all applicable regulations, compliance standards including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), quality of documentation, as well as timeliness and volume of sales and service activity. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
Sales and Service
• Establish, build, manage and maintain professional banking relationships with customers and prospects which utilize depository and/or treasury management services.
• Serve as Lead Advisor for municipal deposits and financing growth opportunities.
• Execute sales presentations for customers and prospects including cost/benefit analysis; service and fee comparisons, written proposals and determine best relationship pricing model.
• Actively call on new commercial and municipal prospects with internal partners to identify new business or referral opportunities. Attend client visits with other calling officers to identify service needs.
• Attend regular conferences in which Horizon Bank sponsors or participates. May include overnight travel.
• Quickly identify any issues requiring a service recovery plan, take a leadership role in providing direction or personally offer corrective action and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Coordinate product and service sales to customers and prospects with other areas of the Bank as needed.
• Cross sell all Bank products and services; refer customers and prospects to the appropriate department; monitor and ensure appropriate follow up.
• Install products and services on schedule and provide on-going training on relevant products
• Provide technical support as needed to advisors and customers
• Ensure proper account documentation and all requisite agreements are executed timely to ensure customer's expectations are met while adhering to Bank policies and procedures.
• Coordinate service support for resolution of customer problems/complaints with depository or treasury management services; communicate resolutions to customers.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors' products, pricing and training processes for treasury management, merchant services and electronic banking services in the designated market.
• Provide input into the design of treasury management services by providing feedback from the market on strengths and weaknesses of existing services and new product needs not currently met.
• Provide management with weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as directed.
• Accountable for ensuring adherence to established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and instructions. Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to supervisor. Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential.
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree in finance or business and 1 year treasury/cash management sales or service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience with commercial depository accounts
• Public Sector, Municipal, Non Profit or University/Schools client relationship management knowledge preferred
• Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) and/or Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) or similar certifications desired but not required.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications with Online Banking software experience
• Exhibit excellent sales skills with a high level of customer service orientation. Display a friendly and personable demeanor and a high degree of integrity. Must be trustworthy, conscientious, courteous, of stable temperament, self-motivated, highly organized and be accountable for personal conduct, actions and decisions.
• Experience managing appropriate risk and making sound decisions.
• Successful candidates must have strong leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated attention to detail. Experience with complex math functions with capacity to analyze credit and financial information.
• Ability to effectively respond to customer needs and willing to solicit feedback to improve service.
• Ability to present information with diplomacy and tact.
• Accountability • Decision Making
• Analytical Thinking • Effective Questioning
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. 75% - 100%
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the branch. Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 75% - 100%
• Operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer and telephone 75% - 100%
• Regularly move about the office to access file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment 50% - 100%
• Able to study, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. 50% - 75%
• Able to remain in stationary position 50% - 75%
• Regularly travel to other locations such as customer's office or other Horizon locations to meet with customers. Some overnight travel may be required. <25%
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6' <25%
This Job Description reflects management's assignment of duties and responsibilities
and is subject to change at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts