Commercial Loan Assistant
- - Commercial Lending
- Portage, MI, USA
- Full Time
Support Lending Officers in day to day operations by assisting customers in securing real estate and construction loans in accordance with company policies and established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations while meeting sales goals. Work within a team to ensure loans progress through the pipeline efficiently and effectively and close within the specified time period.
Responsible for accurate, efficient and timely handling from receipt of the loan application through closing. Support sales, processing and lending department personnel as needed. Meet or exceed the stated Service Guarantee commitments. Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Responsible for adherence to regulatory compliance standards including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA, company policies and procedures, as well as the quality of documentation, timeliness, accuracy and volume of loans closed. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through involvement in local organizations and events.
• Provide general administrative support to the Commercial Lending Department Officer, including answering phones; maintenance of department schedules; preparation of business expense reports; serving as secretary for department and committee meetings; coordinate seminars, meetings, and events including marketing materials and press releases; maintenance of customer files and mailing of annual financial forms and statements.
• Assist customers and lenders in completion of loan forms and materials
• Order or assist with ordering credit reports, appraisals, UCC, insurance, corporate documents, property searches, etc. and may maintain tracking of due dates and tickler file
• Monitor and assist with clearing loan documentation exceptions
• Prepare and review documents for new loans, renewals and change of terms. Prepare closing packages for Loan Officer, schedule closings and attend closings on his/her behalf as needed.
• Process equipment, SBA and construction draws, may verify requirements for each draw request, review sworn statements and inspection reports and obtain endorsements and lien waivers.
• Disburse funds to title company or contractor as required under approved terms and conditions for each loan.
• Ensure advances and construction draws are completed timely and accurately. Prepare disbursement checks and arrange wire transfers.
• Monitor Commercial Lending Department reports, such as weekly delinquencies, Customer Weekly/Monthly Inventory Reconciliations and pipeline reports
• Monitor the Daily Posting of Commercial Disbursements and Payments to ensure transactions were processed correctly. Work with Credit department to rectify any errors
• Handle routine teller and customer requests regarding transfers, draw requests, account balance inquiries, etc.
• Generate tickets per the disbursement sheets for all loans closed and process through the teller line.
• May prepare timely and accurate payoff letters, as well as release of mortgages or other collateral and review paid loans prior to releasing collateral
• Ensure all documents are imaged per the SOPs
• Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
• Conduct and document periodic risk reviews and run reports as needed
• Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and instructions.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential.
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years' experience processing equipment, real estate, mortgage, consumer, commercial and/or small business loans. College degree in business, finance or related field of study preferred.
• Knowledge of agency guidelines and industry standards as they relate to mortgage, consumer, commercial and/or small business lending.
• Experience with government lending programs such as SBA 504 and 7(a) preferred.
• Exceptional organization, time management and follow-up skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, bank employees and outside service providers.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring sound judgement.
• Ability to perform complex mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers.
• Must have proficient typing and computer skills, preferably with Microsoft Office products
• Attention to Detail • Conflict Management
• Time Management • Results Focused
• Regulatory Compliance • Relationship Building
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90-100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, printer and telephone 90-100%
• Able to remain stationary at a desk for long periods of time 75-100%
• Regularly move about the office to access file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6' <25%
• Travel to attend closings, seminars and meetings. Some overnight travel may be required. <10%
This Job Description reflects management's assignment of duties and responsibilities
and is subject to change at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts