- - South Bend Sales Office
- South Bend, IN, USA
- Part Time
Provide customers with proficient and accurate transaction processing across the teller line. Strive to retain present customers and develop new business by providing Exceptional Service and Sensible Advice. Teller II generally has more than 2 years of experience as a Bank Teller, or the equivalent combination of banking, payment processing and professional sales experience in a service-oriented environment.
Represent the Bank to the customer in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, drive through and telephone communications. Provide timely, efficient, and accurate service in processing transactions in accordance with all regulations, policies and procedures. Working knowledge of bank processes, products and services as well as banking regulations. Develop and enhance customer relationships to identify cross selling and referral opportunities. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities in which we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
• Receive checks and cash for deposit to savings and checking accounts, verify deposit amounts, examine checks for endorsement and negotiability, and enter transactions into Bank records. Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
• Process withdrawal requests, review documents for proper signatures, verify identity of customer and enter transactions into Bank records.
• Receive payments for loans, ensuring that payments equal the amount due and that all charges, if applicable, are collected.
• Issue financial instruments, such as traveler' checks, cashier's checks, etc. in accordance with Bank procedures.
• Update customer account information. Recommend and execute product offerings to meet customer's changing needs. Encourage electronic banking and e-statement participation.
• Responsible for balancing the day's transactions according to standard procedures, and auditing and investigating end of day balancing discrepancies until resolved.
• Apply risk assessment skills to all customer requests; support monthly risk assessment testing as required.
• Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and instructions.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information confidential.
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks.
• Teller II may be trained as vault teller responsible for management of cash inventories.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent. Prior sales or banking experience preferred. Teller II generally has more than 2 years of experience as a Bank Teller, or the equivalent combination of banking, payment processing and professional sales experience in a service-oriented environment.
• Ability to present a professional image and communicate with public, co-workers, management, customers and others in a courteous, positive and professional manner.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring sound judgement.
• Requires concentration to avoid mistakes in counting cash.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers.
• Must have proficient typing and computer skills.
• Customer Focus
• Relationship Building
• Active Listening
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer and telephone. 90-100%
• Able to remain in upright stationary position at counter height of approximately 48" for long periods of time. 90-100%
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90- 100%
• Regularly move about the branch to access file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment such as cash counters and printers.
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6'. <25%