Commercial Loan Officer
- - Fort Wayne Sales Office
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Commercial Loan Officer plays a vital role on the lending team, collaborating and generating solutions for current and perspective business clients. The CLO actively solicits for new business by marketing all of Horizon's commercial banking products within a specified geographic area. In addition, the CLO will manage a book of business that requires on-going client interaction and financial analysis to maximize market penetration and account performance, in compliance with state and federal regulations, company policies and established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Responsible for business development, structuring and underwriting loan requests for new and existing clients, growing loan and deposit portfolio and generating fee income. Ensure client relationships are profitable and partner with other areas of the Bank to meet all of the financial needs of the clients. Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Accountable for adherence to compliance standards including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA). Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
• Protect Bank's assets and maintain quality of portfolio by adhering to lending processes, policies and procedures, legal and ethical requirements and regulations, audit requirements, and established risk management guidelines. Ensure all Commercial Banking business is in conformity with Bank Policies & other guidelines.
• Adhere to Know Your Customers Rules & Bank Policies & Procedures for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering, or defalcation; Identify and report suspicious and other reportable transactions or patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
• Identify and cross-sell value added commercial banking services by following a proactive sales and business development plan.
• Generate new loans, deposits and fee income from new and existing clients by maintaining an ongoing business development program.
• Minimize loss risk by monitoring loan portfolio & loan repayment activities and take necessary action to collect from past-due accounts.
• Provide underwriting expertise in all categories of transactions; apply analytics and guidance in required structuring and terms in order to balance the risk and rewards of the transaction in an attempt to win the business.
• Provide expertise and guidance in negotiating and documenting loan transactions with clients.
• Participate in Administration of loans – Reconcile draw packages (sworn statements & AIA's), order & review inspections, order date down endorsements & title updates, and interact with clients as necessary.
• Monitor economic trends in accordance with client financial analysis to assist in portfolio reviews.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential.
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks. Keep up to date on market trends by participation in professional organizations and community projects and events.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or accounting and 5-years related experience in financial services industry or equivalent education and experience desired
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• In-depth understanding of structuring commercial loan requests
• Proven track record in Business Development
• Strong interpersonal skills used within a team environment and in client interaction with emphasis on relationship building.
• Credit/analytical skills to assess financial statements, cash flow and risk
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to write clear and concise credit correspondence.
• Self–motivated and persuasive, with the ability to motivate others and accept coaching..
• Must have proficient typing and computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office products.
• Risk Assessment • Decision Making and Judgment
• Relationship Building • Adaptability and Flexibility
• Effective Questioning • Results Focused
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90-100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, printer and telephone 90-100%
• Able to remain stationary at a desk for long periods of time 75-100%
• Regularly move about the office to access file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6' <25%
• Travel to meet with clients, attend closings, seminars and meetings. Some overnight travel may be required. <10%
This Job Description reflects management's assignment of duties and responsibilities
and is subject to change at any time