Systems Analyst II
- - Technology
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
This individual is responsible for the implementation of Information System projects and support activities, in compliance with state and federal regulations, company policies and established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). This person will be responsible for the planning, installation, administration, upgrading, and deployment of line of business applications.
Work within the IT team to ensure a variety of banking related applications are operating at optimum performance. Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Accountable for adherence to compliance standards, quality of documentation, and timeliness of activities. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
• Manage key applications and act as the technical resource between the end users, vendors, and technology team.
• Proactively and expeditiously identify, diagnose and resolve system problems, following all appropriate change management processes.
• Serve as Project Coordinator for In-house development or implementation of vendor-based automated systems. Formulate system scope and design objectives through research and fact-finding to configure vendor -maintained systems or develop and modify in-house systems.
• Keep current in knowledge of operations and the computer systems within the client department to provide comprehensive support.
• Apply analysis tools and techniques to increase quality, productivity, and overall effectiveness of client departments.
• Review data flows and permission levels and work with IT on remediation steps.
• Responsible for testing as assigned the security of PCs, Servers, or Network systems to determine vulnerabilities.
• Investigate and test software and technology as assigned.
• Provide support for Audit and Regulatory reviews as assigned.
• Document, communicate and escalate technical issues and articulate business impact.
• Conduct independent root cause analysis of system problems in a timely and effective manner.
• Provide 24/7 on-call support as needed.
• Participate in planning sessions regarding hardware, software and application changes.
• Participate in pre- and post- implementation reviews.
• Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
• Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and instructions.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential.
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks
• Perform other duties as directed by Technology Management.
• May lead or serve on technical teams within the IS Department (such as Interfaces or Network Analysis) to produce enhancements that allow team members to work collaboratively and efficiently
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Required Technical Knowledge/Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Technology or Business related field (CS, MIS, BA, System Engineering) or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years Information Technology Experience.
• Experience in areas such as intrusion detection and incident response.
• Comfortable with command line interface and some level of exposure to administering systems and services for various operating systems.
• Understanding of networking components (Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
• Moderate knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc.)
• Moderate knowledge of security related technologies and their functions (IDS, IPS, WAF, etc.)
• Preferred Certifications: MCSE, CCNP, ITIL, GCIA, GCIH
• 1+ years Financial Industry Experience
• Strong analytical, problem identification, diagnosis and resolution skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work within tight deadlines.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and strong communication skills.
• Flexibility to work off-shift, provide support when your expertise is required for incident management / escalation situations.
• Self-directed and capable of independently solving complex problems.
• Technical Problem Resolution skills.
• Exceptional organization, time management and follow-up skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, bank employees and outside service providers.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring sound judgement.
• Ability to perform complex mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers.
• Must have proficient typing and computer skills.
• Accountability • Developmental & Continual Learning
• Analytical Thinking • Effective Questioning
• Big Picture Thinking • Problem Solving
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90-100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, printer and telephone 90-100%
• Able to remain stationary at a desk for long periods of time 75-100%
• Regularly move about the office to access file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment
• Ability to Lift up to 25 pounds and Carry up to 25 pounds for 50 or more feet. <25%
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6' <25%
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts