Senior Credit Analyst
- - Commercial Lending
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Underwrites loan requests for business and commercial real estate, reviewing and analyzing financial and industry data, borrower performance and management capabilities to assess credit worthiness and estimate the degree of risk involved in extending credit to commercial customers.
Accountable for meeting specified goals related to proper loan risk rating determinations, quality of loan presentation and productivity. Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Responsible for adherence to regulatory compliance standards including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), company policies and procedures, as well as the quality and timeliness of departmental activities. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities in which we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
• Perform the initial and ongoing credit analyses to determine if customer loan requests satisfy policy and procedure guidelines, and prepare and process all applicable documentation. Make recommendations to Loan Officers when requests fall outside of policy.
• Prepare objective written credit analyses for Loan Officers and Loan Committee including recommendation of risk ratings for complex new loans or the renewal of existing facilities, detailing debt service coverage, collateral coverage, payment history, personal financial statements and cash flow, loan relationship, liquidity, leverage and guarantor strength.
• Recommend procedural changes to management when inconsistencies are discovered during the underwriting process.
• Consult with loan officers on proper loan structure and covenants.
• Demonstrates expertise in proper loan structuring, legal and documentation issues, industry considerations that affect borrower types, credit policy and underwriting requirements.
• Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and instructions.
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, product, market, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in performance of daily tasks.
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
• Minimum of 3-5 years' experience as a credit analyst in commercial banking or commercial real estate environment preferred
• Experience with government lending programs (SBA 7a, SBA 504, USDA) preferred.
• Knowledge of use of Microsoft Office Software required and Credit Quest (or similar underwriting software) a plus.
• Thorough knowledge of commercial lending practices and industry standards
• Ability to comprehend and utilize Appraisal Reports, Environmental Reports, Title Work and other Legal Documentation.
• Exceptional organization, time management and follow-up skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, bank employees and outside service providers.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring superb analytical skills, detailed documentation and sound judgement.
• Ability to perform complex mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers. Must have proficient typing and computer skills.
• Analytical Thinking • Risk Assessment
• Attention to Detail • Time Management
• Regulatory Compliance • Written Communication
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with advisors, customers, vendors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90-100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, printer and telephone 90-100%
• Able to remain stationary at a desk for long periods of time 75-100%
• Regularly move about the office to access file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment
• Regularly travel to other locations such as customer office or building site, restaurant or other Horizon locations to meet with customer. Some overnight travel may be required. 50-75%
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6' <25%
This Job Description reflects management's assignment of duties and responsibilities
and is subject to change at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts