Business Banker/Branch Manager
- - Holland Sales Office
- Holland, MI, USA
- Full Time
Oversee management of branch activities, including teller operations, general customer service activities, loan processing, collections, personnel management, risk management and compliance to achieve budgeted deposit and consumer loan goals.
Accountable for growth in core deposits and net merchant processing income; as well as consumer, small business and commercial loans to meet or exceed budgeted financial results Ensure the efficient, effective management of the branch operations. Supervise tellers and customer service representatives to ensure customers receive Exceptional Service and Sensible Advice. Provide guidance to avoid bank losses and ensure that established policies and procedures are followed.
• Assist in budget planning; communicate regularly with Market President; develop strategic initiatives to achieve goals; lead team members to meet or exceed goals
• Motivate and guide team members in effective selling techniques
• Monitor sales reports and daily sales activities to identify opportunities for cross-sell and referrals to other business lines; provide coaching to team members as needed
• Provide management with weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as directed.
• Lead recruitment efforts and partner with Human Resources and District Manager to make hiring decisions.
• Coordinate training with branch operations for new hires and in conjunction with performance and developmental needs.
• Monitor behavior and results to effectively coach and motivate team members to achieve service and sales goals.
• Prepare and conduct scheduled performance evaluations. Address and document performance issues.
• Schedule branch employees, manage time off requests and approve weekly timecards.
• Accountable for monitoring advisors' behaviors within the team to ensure professional and responsive delivery of service to customers whether in person, through a drive up facility, on the phone or through other electronic delivery channels.
• Maintain professional appearance of branch to ensure a welcoming and inviting atmosphere.
• Provide continued and timely training, coaching and guidance to all branch advisors to meet the service standards of the Company.
• Identify quickly any issues requiring a service recovery plan, take a leadership role in providing direction or personally offer corrective action and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Accountable for ensuring periodic testing of controls, documentation and reports are completed and submitted timely.
• Ensure required training is completed and documentation signed and submitted per company policy.
• Conduct reviews of advisor behaviors and documentation to ensure adherence to internal controls. Conduct audits and initiate corrective actions if needed.
• Confirm that initial and periodic training on security procedures at the branch is completed, including emergency action plans. Safeguard Red Binder and emergency call list.
• Manage the safety and security of the branch and routinely monitor security systems.
• Verify vendor authenticity for access control.
• Accountable for ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures as well as all applicable regulations including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
• Conduct periodic audits of behaviors and work output to identify and correct areas of non-compliance.
• Ensure that branch advisors complete and apply all required compliance training.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree in finance or business preferred
• 3+ years' management experience in retail or financial services; banking experience preferred.
• 3+ years' sales experience. Sales management is a plus.
• Exhibit excellent sales skills with a high level of customer service orientation. Display a friendly and personable demeanor and a high degree of integrity.
• Experience managing appropriate risk and making sound decisions.
• Successful candidates must have strong leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated attention to detail. Experience with complex math functions with capacity to analyze credit and financial information.
• Ability to effectively respond to customer needs and willing to solicit feedback to improve service.
• Ability to present information with diplomacy and tact.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
Horizon Bank is a proud EEO/Vet/Individual with Disability Employer.