- - Deposit Operations
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
A Fraud Analyst will investigate forgery and theft within customers' accounts and transactions on behalf the Bank. Track and monitor all of the Bank's transactions and activity that comes through the customers' accounts. The monitoring includes debit transactions and disputes, check fraud, ACH and wire activity. This position performs various quality control reviews and monitoring pertaining to the overall compliance with all related bank regulations.
Responsible for researching criminal fraud methods and tools, tracking financial data, creating reports, identifying and investigating possible fraudulent activities, and developing techniques and tools useful in the prevention of fraud. Responsible for adhering to all Bank policies and procedures including to BSA, OFAC, CIP, and related acts, and participation in ongoing related training. Represent the Bank to both internal and external contacts in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through involvement in local organizations and events.
• Process the day to day consumer disputes for unauthorized debit transactions. Process all charge back transactions timely.
• Provide back up for legal document processing and BSA transactional monitoring.
• Perform customer and transaction analytics to identify potential fraud trends.
• Participate in on-going training to stay abreast of new fraud trends, risks and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Three years general banking or regulatory agency experience, with an emphasis in compliance and/or operations.
• College degree or equivalent banking experience desired. High School diploma or GED is required.
• Basic knowledge of Bank administration, lending and operations products and services, related state and federal laws and regulations and other Bank operational policies and procedures.
• Ability to proactively identify and assess potential concerns and risk.
• Comprehensive understating of general banking compliance regulations and laws.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and communicative skills as well as effective written and verbal communication.
• Must be highly organized, self-starter and adaptable to change.
• Must possess exceptional organization, time management and follow-up skills.
• Problem Solving • Decision Making
• Written Communication • Analytical Thinking
• Risk Assessment • Stress Management
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with regulators, vendors, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90-100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, printer and telephone 90-100%
• Able to remain stationary at a desk for long periods of time 75-100%
• Regularly move about the office to access file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6' <25%
Horizon Bank is a proud EEO/Vet/Disabled Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts