- - Deposit Operations
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
A BSA Analyst assists in the implementation and administration of all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act and assists with various assignments supporting the Compliance Program of the bank under the guidance of the BSA Supervisor and BSA Officer. This position performs various quality control reviews and monitoring pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Program, OFAC and Customer Identification Program compliance using industry standards and regulatory guidance to ensure the Bank's compliance efforts are maintained on a daily basis.
Responsible for adhering to the reporting and recordkeeping requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations, observing economic sanctions by prohibiting transactions as specified by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC, following the bank's customer identification program (CIP) rules, observing all Bank policies and procedures relating to BSA, OFAC, CIP, and related acts, and participation in ongoing related training. Represent the Bank to both internal and external contacts in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through involvement in local organizations and events.
• Assist in the monitoring of account activity for suspicious patterns and activity, conducts suspicious activity report investigations, high risk customer/account reviews, and recommends when to file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs). May assist in filing the SARs when necessary.
• Assist with new Business Account Risk Profiles
• Perform customer and transaction analytics to identify trends and possible suspicious activity.
• Assist in the preparation and submission of all Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) within required time frames.
• Assist in the preparation of the BSA Risk Assessment and the updates quarterly
• Aid in the administration of the automated BSA/AML system, Verafin. Research and resolve alerts and conduct investigations within the system.
• Perform daily review, monitoring, and analysis of various reports, logs and transaction data to identify trends, unusual activity, and monitor large currency activity; determine if transactions are suspicious in nature, such as kiting, significant changes in balances, cash structuring in deposits, loan payments and certificate of deposit purchases, wire or ACH transfers, monetary instrument sales, new account openings, etc.
• Participate in on-going training as required to maintain knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations, including Bank Secrecy Act and all related anti-money laundering and OFAC regulations, along with the Bank's policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Three years general banking or regulatory agency experience, with an emphasis in compliance and/or operations.
• College degree or equivalent banking experience desired. Certification in Anti-Money Laundering (CAMS) is beneficial. High School diploma or GED is required.
• Basic knowledge of Bank administration, lending and operations products and services, related state and federal laws and regulations and other Bank operational policies and procedures.
• Ability to proactively identify and assess potential concerns and risk.
• Comprehensive understating of general banking compliance regulations and laws.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and communicative skills as well as effective written and verbal communication.
• Must be highly organized, self-starter and adaptable to change.
• Must possess exceptional organization, time management and follow-up skills.
• Problem Solving • Decision Making
• Written Communication • Analytical Thinking
• Risk Assessment • Stress Management
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with regulators, vendors, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90-100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, printer and telephone 90-100%
• Able to remain stationary at a desk for long periods of time 75-100%
• Regularly move about the office to access file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6' <25%
Horizon Bank is a proud EEO/Vet/Disabled Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts