Assistant Branch Manager IV
- - Franklin Square Sales Office
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
Assist the Branch Manager in the oversight of branch activities, including teller operations, general customer service activities, loan processing, collections, personnel management, risk management and compliance to achieve budgeted deposit and consumer loan goals.
Responsible for achieving growth in core deposits and loans to meet or exceed budgeted financial results. Supervise tellers and customer service representatives and provide guidance to branch advisors to ensure customers receive Exceptional Service and Sensible Advice. Responsible for the efficient, effective management of the branch, ensuring that established policies and procedures are followed. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities in which we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
• Coach and train branch advisors on recognizing opportunity to enhance customer relationship by referring other bank products and services.
• Monitor sales reports and daily sales activities to identify opportunities for cross-sell and referrals to other business lines.
• Ensure branch advisors have the tools and resources to achieve goals.
• Lead recruitment efforts and partner with Human Resources, Branch Manager and District Manager to make hiring decisions.
• Coordinate training with branch operations for new hires and in conjunction with performance and developmental needs.
• Monitor behavior and results to effectively coach and motivate team members to achieve service and sales goals.
• Prepare and conduct scheduled performance evaluations. Address and document performance issues.
• Schedule branch employees, manage time off requests and approve weekly timecards.
• Accountable for the efficiency for all branch operations functions. Coordinate coverage to ensure appropriate levels of service. Maintain professional appearance of branch to ensure a welcoming and inviting atmosphere.
• Observe and monitor behavior to effectively coach and motivate branch advisors to achieve service and sales goals and ensure professional and responsive delivery of service.
• Accountable for monitoring advisors' behaviors within the team to ensure professional and responsive delivery of service to customers whether in person, through a drive up facility, on the phone or through other electronic delivery channels.
• Provide continued and timely training, coaching and guidance to all branch advisors to meet the service standards of the Company.
• Take a leadership role in providing direction or personally offer corrective action and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Provide coverage for all day to day operations such as teller line and customer service department to ensure customer needs are met.
• Responsible for conducting periodic testing of controls, documenting and reporting results.
• Ensure required training is completed and documentation signed and submitted timely.
• Conduct reviews of advisor behaviors and documentation to ensure adherence to internal controls. Conduct audits and initiate corrective actions if needed.
• Conduct initial and periodic training on security procedures at the branch including emergency action plans. Maintain Red Binder and emergency call list.
• Manage the safety and security of the branch and routinely monitor security systems.
• Verify vendor authenticity for access control.
• Responsible for ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
• Conduct periodic audits of behaviors and work output to identify area of non-compliance.
• Ensure that branch advisors complete and apply all required compliance training.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• High School diploma or GED is required; college degree in business, finance or related field of study preferred.
• 3+ years' management and at least 1 year of supervisory experience in retail or financial services; banking background preferred.
• 2+ years' sales and sales coaching experience. Sales management is a plus.
• Exhibit excellent sales skills with a high level of customer service orientation. Display a friendly and personable demeanor and a high degree of integrity.
• Experience managing appropriate risk and making sound decisions.
• Successful candidates must have strong leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated attention to detail. Experience with complex math functions with capacity to analyze credit and financial information. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
• Ability to effectively respond to customer needs and willing to solicit feedback to improve service.
• Ability to present information with diplomacy and tact.
• Customer Focus • Adaptability and Flexibility
• Teamwork • Effective Questioning
• Risk Assessment
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others. 75% - 100%
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the branch. 75% - 100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer and telephone. 75% - 100%
• Regularly move about the branch to access areas such as teller line, service desks and vault. 50% - 100%
• Able to remain in stationary position. 50% - 100%
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 75% - 100%
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6'. <25%
This Job Description reflects management's assignment of duties and responsibilities
and is subject to change at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts