Clerk/Processor I - Loan Operations
- - Loan Servicing
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for daily tracking of consumer and mortgage insurance, input of loans, loan verification and loan check-ins, in compliance with state and federal regulations, company policies and established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Work within a team to ensure loans progress through the pipeline efficiently and effectively.
Provide support for sales, consumer loan and mortgage department personnel as needed. Meet or exceed the stated Service Guarantee commitments. Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Accountable for adherence to compliance standards including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), as well as quality of documentation, timeliness and volume of loans closed. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities in which we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
• Sort and distribute incoming insurance mail and track all non-escrowed mortgage-secured loans over $100K and forward to vendor.
• Handle daily mortgage insurance mail and review the mortgage insurance cancellations and reinstatements. Forward cancellations to our vendor for mortgage secured loans so that letters are sent. Process monthly PMI disbursements to meet the due dates.
• Process incoming daily contracts within 24 hours of receipt
• Review files for missing items and notify dealer of any missing items
• Monitor the Credit Admin InBox and process all requests prior to 4:00 pm on same day
• Cash incoming indirect contracts accurately
• Check in all loan packets received from sales offices and track outstanding packets to ensure receipt of the final signed documents.
• Book consumer, indirect, mortgage and commercial loans and board onto the FISERV Signature Core Banking System.
• Ensure all outstanding billings, such as appraisal, recording, or title fees, have been received and processed by Credit Admin
• Review daily and monthly tickler reports and ensure that the ticklers are being reviewed and cleared.
• Review and update the daily new loan report for mortgage verification and review the Loan Coupon journal daily for any coupon book order errors
• Perform loans verification on mortgage, consumer, and commercial loans and prepare documents for CBS input and imaging
• Communicate with Loan Officer and title companies when loans are ready to schedule closing appointments
• Conduct final loan quality credit checks
• Prepare disbursement checks and arrange wire transfers
• Perform post-closing verifications
• Accurately and promptly prepare payoff letters, as well as release of mortgages or other collateral
• Review draw requests on commercial lines of credit and construction loans to ensure funds are disbursed within the guidelines of the loan approval. Re-verify loan criteria as needed.
• Review paid loans prior to releasing collateral.
• Maintain file coverage for team members out of office, provide back up support for consumer declines, credit score disclosure letters, scanning files into Metavante imaging system.
• Process all insurance premium disbursements as scheduled. Contact insurance companies for missing bills.
• Assist with maintenance items such as automatic transfers, due date changes and payment amount changes as well as HELOC check order requests
• Ensure all auto debits and/or HELOC orders are completed timely
• Complete Indirect Audits and ensure required lien documentation and cip verification is in file
• Process ATM/ACH/return checks
• Verify and balance ACH worksheet and resolve discrepancies daily
• Balance workstation and resolve discrepancies daily
• Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
• Conduct and document periodic risk reviews and run reports as needed
• Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and instructions.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential.
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years' experience processing mortgage, consumer, commercial and/or small business loans. College degree in business, finance or related field of study preferred.
• Knowledge of agency guidelines and industry standards as they relate to mortgage, consumer, commercial and/or small business lending.
• Exceptional organization, time management and follow-up skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, bank employees and outside service providers.
• Accuracy and ability to prioritize daily goals.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring sound judgement.
• Ability to perform complex mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers.
• Must have proficient typing and computer skills.
• Attention to Detail • Conflict Management
• Time Management • Results Focused
• Regulatory Compliance • Relationship Building
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90-100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, printer and telephone 90-100%
• Able to remain stationary at a desk for long periods of time 75-100%
• Regularly move about the office to access file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6' <25%
This Job Description reflects management's assignment of duties and responsibilities
and is subject to change at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts