Administrative Assistant - Audit
- - Audit
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Internal Audit Administrative Assistant is responsible for coordinating all internal and external audits to ensure requested information is received timely. Serve as the primary resource for the auditors to assist with additional requests during the audits. Maintain SOX 404 matrices and narratives. Prepare Board Audit Committee meeting agenda and subsequent reports. Track resolution of outstanding audit recommendations. Assist the Senior Vice President, Senior Auditor, Enterprise Risk Manager in an administrative role.
Operate as a liaison between the internal and external auditors and the regulators to ensure requested items are delivered in a timely manner. Partner with internal and external auditors and regulators as necessary.
Complete the Board Audit Committee Agenda according to the Periodic Schedule to ensure the Committee is apprised of all reports including but not limited to the results of all internal and external audits, regulatory exams, status of outstanding audit issues and the audit schedule progress.
Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Accountable for adherence to all applicable regulations, including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA). Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate high ethical values.
• Coordinate all internal and external audits conducted during the audit schedule.
• Prepare periodic reports.
• Prepare Audit Committee packets on a quarterly basis. Prepare audit confirmations on an annual basis for financial statement auditors.
• Maintain budget file to track expenses.
• Maintain Sarbanes Oxley 404 matrices and narratives on a quarterly basis.
• Track all outstanding audit recommendations for timely resolution.
• Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
• Attend internal and external training programs related to job responsibilities. Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Two year college degree in business or related field of study preferred and at least one year of relevant work experience are required.
• Must be a self-starter. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Exceptional organizational, time management and follow-up skills.
• Effective written and verbal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, bank employees at all levels of management, outside service providers and members of the Board of Directors.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring sound judgment.
• Must have proficient typing and computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Travel will be minimal.
• Oral Communication • Teamwork
• Overcoming Objections • Time Management
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors, managers and Board Committee members regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90-100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, printer and telephone. 90-100%
• Able to remain stationary at a desk for long periods of time. 75-100%
• Regularly move about the office to access file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment.
This Job Description reflects management's assignment of duties and responsibilities
and is subject to change at any time
Horizon Bank is an EEO/Vet/Disabled Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts