- - Warsaw Anchorage Rd Sales
- Warsaw, IN, USA
- Full Time
The business banker is responsible for attracting new business clients to the bank and managing a portfolio of small business clients. This is encompassed by business loans, business deposits, and Treasury Management products/services. Develop new relationships through outside sales activities, prospecting, and community involvement. Perform all work in compliance with state and federal regulations, company policies and established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Accountable for net merchant processing income, small business deposit gathering, and small business loan production to meet or exceed budgeted financial results. Support customer service activities, loan processing, collections, risk management and compliance requirements. Provide guidance to avoid bank losses and ensure that established policies and procedures are followed. Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Accountable for adherence to compliance standards including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), quality of documentation, timeliness, and volume of sales and service activity. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities in which we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
• Communicate regularly with Market President; develop and implement strategic initiatives to achieve goals
• Monitor sales reports and daily sales activities to identify opportunities for cross-sell and referrals to other business lines; Call on current and potential customers to develop new business and retain or expand existing relationships
• Provide management with weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as directed.
• Identify quickly any issues requiring a service recovery plan, take a leadership role in providing direction or personally offer corrective action and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Accountable for ensuring periodic testing of controls, documentation and reports are completed and submitted timely.
• Accountable for ensuring adherence to established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and instructions.
• Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential.
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks.
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree in finance or business preferred
• 3+ years' management experience in retail or financial services; banking experience preferred.
• 3+ years' sales experience. Sales management is a plus.
• Exhibit excellent sales skills with a high level of customer service orientation. Display a friendly and personable demeanor and a high degree of integrity.
• Experience managing appropriate risk and making sound decisions.
• Successful candidates must have strong leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated attention to detail. Experience with complex math functions with capacity to analyze credit and financial information.
• Ability to effectively respond to customer needs and willing to solicit feedback to improve service.
• Ability to present information with diplomacy and tact.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
• Results Driven • Organizational Agility
• Manage & Measure Work • Strategic Agility
• Manage Through Systems
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others. 75% - 100%
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the branch. 75% - 100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer and telephone 75% - 100%
• Regularly move about the branch to access areas such as office space, common areas, and printer/copier 50% - 100%
• Able to remain in stationary position 50% - 100%
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 75% - 100%
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6' <25%
Horizon is a proud EEO/Vet/Disabled Employer