BSA Legal Clerk
- - Deposit Operations
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
The BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) Legal Clerk is required to process legal documents in compliance with state and federal regulation as well as company policies and established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The BSA Legal Clerk works in a time-sensitive environment and requires organization, accuracy, and attention to detail. An ideal candidate would enjoy working in a positive, team-oriented environment.
Accountable for processing legal documents timely and accurately. Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Accountable for adherence to compliance standards including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), quality of documentation, and timeliness. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through involvement in local organizations and events.
• Process levies and garnishments
• Review and approve Power of Attorney documentation
• Research and prepare documentation for Subpoenas and Summons
• Process all other legal documents received within the department via email, mail, fax, and inner-office
• Work with BSA/Fraud Analysts to ensure that high-dollar levies/garnishments, subpoenas, and summons are reviewed for unusual or suspicious activity
• Maintain up-to-date records of legal documents received
• Process fees and legal payments
• Achieve high quality of work, with excellent attention to detail and sense of urgency to complete assigned tasks
• Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to supervisor
• Conduct and document periodic risk reviews and run reports as needed
• Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and instructions
• Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of two years of customer service experience. Banking experience preferred.
• Knowledge of agency guidelines and industry standards as they relate to legal notices and fraud prevention.
• Exceptional organization, time management and follow-up skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, bank employees and outside service providers.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring sound judgement.
• Ability to perform complex mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers.
• Must have proficient typing and computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to navigate computer programs
• Adaptability and Flexibility • Risk Assessment
• Written Communication • Teamwork
• Decision Making • Time Management
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90-100%
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, printer and telephone 90-100%
• Able to remain stationary at a desk for long periods of time 75-100%
• Regularly move about the office to access file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6' <25%
This Job Description reflects management's assignment of duties and responsibilities
and is subject to change at any time
Horizon Bank is a proud EEO/Vet/Disabled Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts