Project Manager - Operations
- - Deposit Operations
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
This individual is responsible for leading operational projects as assigned by the Sr. Project Manager, performing various actives related to project development, implementation, and compliance. The Project Manager works within a team to provide project leadership to ensure various activities related to operational and IT systems and compliance are completed, aligning projects with the Bank's overall priorities and direction.
Responsible for successfully completing all assigned initiatives, identification and implementation of process improvements as well as enterprise risk management including ensuring adequate controls, completion of training, and management of audits and examinations.
Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Ensure compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations; adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities that are specific to the position. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through involvement in local organizations and events.
• Provide leadership for operational projects as assigned by the senior management.
• Provide insight on the core banking systems and system platforms currently in place at the bank and recommend changes or enhancements to achieve project goals.
• Direct managers and department staff in reviewing workflow, processes and procedures to improve workflow, simplify reporting procedures, improve efficiency and reduce costs.
• Respond to internal and external customer inquiries or refer inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and exhibit the necessary follow through.
• Demonstrate strong decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries on project task and objectives.
• Process, answer and solve complex customer transactions, problems or inquiries.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential.
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree (BA) in IT project management, finance or business preferred, with a minimum of 2 years Project Management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a background in bank operations and administration. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum may be acceptable.
• Proficient knowledge of Bank operations, products and services; related state and federal laws and regulations, and other Bank operational policies and procedures.
• Progressive experience with project management and administration.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient personal computer skills, host computer system; spreadsheet and specialty software programs and platforms.
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
• Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work ethically and with integrity; uphold organizational values; accept responsibility for own actions.
• Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
Horizon Bank is a proud Affirmative Action EOE| Vet| Disabled Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts