- - South Franklin Sales
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
Provide a full range of personalized banking services to retail customers focused on broad and ongoing relationships. Responsible for prospecting new customers and developing, servicing, and retaining own "book of business" by providing Exceptional Service and Sensible Advice in financial counseling, lending and meeting other financial needs. Personal Bankers generally have more than 4 years of experience as a Bank Teller and/or CSR and have demonstrated a high degree of initiative and mastery of bank products and systems and a personal commitment to the customer base. Sr. Personal Bankers have more than 5 years' experience and a well-established customer base. Personal Bankers are viewed as "leaders" of the team and may serve as the designee in absence of branch management. Work is typically performed at the Sales Desk.
Represent the Bank to the customer in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face and telephone communications. Develop and enhance customer relationships to identify cross selling and referral opportunities. Accountable for meeting deposit, sales, origination and referral goals. Expert knowledge of bank processes, products, services and resources as well as banking regulations including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).. Provide timely, efficient, and accurate service in processing transactions in accordance with all regulations, policies and procedures. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities in which we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
• Originate new deposit accounts including checking, savings, ATM/Debit Cards, money market, CDs, IRAs and commercial accounts.
• Originate and provide advice on consumer loans including personal loans, installment loans, home equity loans and lines of credit.
• Originate business deposit and loan accounts, including commercial loans and lines of credit.
• Perform account maintenance and process commercial account resolutions.
• Encourage electronic banking and e-statement participation and educate customers on digital banking options such as mobile checking and on-line bill pay services.
• Provide credit coaching and financial advice regarding Savings Strategies, Major Life Events, Major Purchase, Fraud Awareness and Prevention to enhance knowledge and wealth of consumer and business customers.
• Maintain ongoing relationships with customers and provide guidance, education and recommendations regarding bank products and services such as business, commercial and mortgage lending as well as trust services.
• Participate in all office marketing and sales projects, which include personal contacts, telephone sales, direct mail and promotions. Utilize sales tools such as calling lists, referrals, regular appointments and discovery conversations to achieve goals.
• Support teller team in achieving branch goals through daily debriefs, contest engagement and referral coaching.
• Examine and verify authenticity of financial instruments and present to the teller staff for processing. Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
• Address customer questions and concerns through investigation and corrective action.
• Conduct and document periodic risk reviews and run reports as needed.
• Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and instructions.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential.
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree in finance or business preferred.
• 4+ years of experience as a Bank Teller, CSR or the equivalent combination of banking, payment processing and professional sales experience in a service-oriented environment.
• Must successfully complete consumer lending training and consistently demonstrate the required level of mastery of the lending products and processes.
• Strong sales initiative and ability to develop and maintain ongoing customer relationships.
• Present a professional image and communicate effectively with the public, co-workers, management, customers and others in a courteous, positive and professional manner.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring sound judgement.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers.
• Must have proficient typing and computer skills.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Physical Demand: Percentage of Time:
• Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with others.
• Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms, documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers, vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to ensure safety and security of the facility.
• Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer and telephone. 90-100%
• Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers. 90- 100%
• Regularly move about the branch to access teller line, file cabinets, storage drawers and various office equipment, such as cash counters and printers.
• Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and 6'. <25%