Call Center Representative
- - Call Center
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
This position is set in a fast-paced environment and requires the ability to provide exceptional service through active listening of customer requests and providing the service or transitioning the call to another advisor who will take ownership of the customer's request. Perform work in compliance with state and federal regulation and company policies and established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Work within a team to ensure delivery of Exceptional Customer Service.
Accountable for responding to Customers' Telephone Inquiries promptly, correctly and professionally, and managing Customers' Email Inquiries promptly and correctly, using proper grammar and punctuation to ensure professional communication. Adhere to customer authentication procedures to protect the account information of our customers.
Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Accountable for adherence to compliance standards including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), quality of documentation, timeliness and meeting the bank's goals regarding referrals and abandon call rate percentage. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through involvement in local organizations and events.
• Manage a high volume of calls and emails on a daily basis and prioritize follow-through.
• Assist customers with inquiries and establish a rapport to understand their service needs.
• Appropriately handle complaints regarding service, and route them to the proper personnel for resolution.
• Escalate customer issues appropriately and correctly based on department guidelines.
• Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity in all aspects of internal and external contacts.
• Actively learn about all company products and procedures in order to respond to customer inquiries effectively.
• Share knowledge of bank products, features & benefits, with customers.
• Refer additional bank products & services by recognizing customer needs or asking for additional information.
• Process requests for check orders, stop payments, account maintenance, transfers, check and statement copies, or other account needs.
• Maintain high quality of work, with excellent attention to detail.
• Maintain quality and productivity at or above published standards for skill group.
• Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
• Conduct and document periodic risk reviews and run reports as needed
• Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and instructions.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential.
• Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Minimum of one year of customer service experience with significant phone and online customer service experience preferred.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively over the telephone with customers and co-workers in English.
• Provide strong customer service and problem solving skills while responding to inquiries with tact, diplomacy and patience.
• Knowledge of banking products and services.
• Exceptional organization, time management and follow-up skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, bank employees and outside service providers.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring sound judgement.
• Ability to perform complex mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers.
• Must have proficient typing and computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to navigate multiple banking software systems.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Horizon Bank is a proud Affirmative Action|EOE|Vets|Disabled Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts