- - Finance
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
This is a clerical position in our corporate Finance department. The primary role will be reconciling accounts, preparing reports, scanning documents, and various other clerical accounting duties.
Responsible for adhering to the reporting and recordkeeping requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations, observing economic sanctions by prohibiting transactions as specified by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC, following the bank's customer identification program (CIP) rules, observing all Bank policies and procedures relating to BSA, OFAC, CIP, and related acts, and participation in ongoing related training. Represent the Bank to both internal and external contacts in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
- Reconcile and balance assigned financial accounts in a timely manner in accordance with the Finance Department's reconcilement schedule (i.e. daily, monthly or quarterly). Follow-up on reconciling items in a timely manner is required.
- Work closely with branches and other internal departments to resolve items or issues identified by the balancing and reconcilliation process.
- Participate in on-going training as required to maintain knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations, including Bank Secrecy Act and all related anti-money laundering and OFAC regulations, along with the Bank's policies and procedures.
- Scan documents into imaging system.
- Assist in verification of accounts payable batches.
- Serve as backup for team members of Finance department.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High School diploma or GED is required and 3-5 years' experience in banking operations or finance
- Basic knowledge of Bank administration, operations, products and services, related state and federal laws and regulations and other Bank operational policies and procedures.
- Ability to proactively identify and assess potential concerns and risk.
- Comprehensive understating of general banking compliance regulations and laws.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and communicative skills as well as effective written and verbal communication.
- Must be highly organized, self-starter and adaptable to change.
- Must possess exceptional organization, time management and follow-up skills.
Horizon Bank is a proud EOE | Vets | Disabled Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts