Deposit Operations Clerk
- - Deposit Operations
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
This position is a member of the Quality Assurance team within Deposit Operations and is responsible for auditing work received from our Retail network for completeness and correctness. The position is set in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment and requires good problem solving skills, accuracy and attention to detail. An ideal candidate would enjoy working in a positive, team-oriented workplace and be willing to work occasional rotating Saturday hours, approximately one every quarter. Perform work in compliance with state and federal regulation and company policies and established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Accountable for adherence to compliance standards including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), quality of documentation, timeliness and support of all back office processes that support the day-to-day processing of customers' deposit accounts. These items include mail processing, exception processing, transaction review and processing. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities we serve through involvement in local organizations and events.
- Verify reports for accuracy of input from previous day.
- Partner with Retail team to resolve account issues.
- Review new account documents for accuracy and compliance.
- Review existing account modifications for appropriate documentation, accuracy and compliance.
- Research and resolve exception items to ensure timely posting to customer accounts.
- Document and track exceptions for timely resolution.
- Work with overdrawn accounts – posting or returning checks and fees on customer accounts.
- Achieve high quality of work, with excellent attention to detail and sense of urgency to complete assigned tasks.
- Maintain quality and productivity at or above published standards for skill group.
- Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Conduct and document periodic risk reviews and run reports as needed.
- Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and instructions.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information private and confidential.
- Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in daily tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent required, with 3-5 years' banking operations experience with a focus on new account opening or degree in business related field such as business, accounting, or finance required.
- Must have proven computer skills, specifically numeric data entry, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to respond to inquiries with tact, diplomacy and patience.
- Knowledge of banking industry standards as they relate to the Deposit Operations function.
- Exceptional organization, time management and follow-up skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, bank employees and outside service providers.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring sound judgement.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers.
- Possess the ability and desire to be cross-trained on many different job duties and rotate jobs within the department.
Horizon Bank is a proud EOE|Vet|Disabled Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts