Consumer Loan Officer
- - Consumer Lending
- Michigan City, IN, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for analyzing direct and indirect consumer loan applications as well as customer service for all branch advisors and dealership staff. Direct responsibility to underwrite secured and unsecured Consumer Lending products (HELOCs, HE term loans, direct auto/vehicle loans, mobile home loans, unsecured loans, lines of credit and other approved products) across Indiana, Michigan and other approved states. Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers. Supports efficiency improvements, strategic objectives and consumer lending goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyze consumer credit reports for Consumer Lending applications to evaluate risk and make appropriate credit decision for department across our footprint.
• Analyze applications for potential cross-sell and counter offers and submits recommendations to Retail branches and/or Manager.
• Reviews documents to support credit decision (verification of income, tax returns, personal financial statements, trusts and additional supporting documentation, etc.).
• Orders and reviews documents to underwrite within stated Consumer Lending guidelines and applicable regulations (flood, appraisals, title, other documents as necessary).
• Verifies completeness and accuracy of credit applications.
• Formulates and communicates credit decision (approve, decline or counteroffer) in compliance with established underwriting guidelines, compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Develops business relationships and builds rapport with customers to achieve mutual goals across branches and dealers.
• Manages application pipeline to meet business objectives.
• Reviews pipeline applications to maximize production, meet stated service level agreements, and service guarantees.
• Provides superior quality service to internal and external customers at all times and demonstrate professional demeanor.
• Consumer Lending credit authority is followed and appropriate approvals obtained when needed.
• Reviews credit applications and recommends decisions on applications over their assigned authority to their manager.
• Maintain adequate delinquency and charge off ratios to consumer lending portfolio.
• Completion of annual on-line training and any additional training due to regulatory or policy changes or manager requirements.
• Maintains an acceptable exception ratio with minimal error rate.
• Minimum 2 years of experience underwriting in accordance with regulatory guidelines or the equivalent related work experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to build consensus and motivate others.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Understands the full scope of Fair Lending Regulations, Reg B, Reg Z, HMDA and RESPA.